About Nursing Departmentomar ismail2023-02-12T07:49:00+00:00
About Nursing Faculty
Faculty of nursing as a part of TIU , Erbil /Iraq has preparing students for employees and professional with highest quality of nursing education, this faculty applied the best curriculum of nursing science. The students will learn high quality of patients care, and prevention diseases, through theoretical lecture, advanced nursing laboratories and direct contact with the patient during clinical sessions .
They will graduate with advance knowledge, practices and skills, and providing quality patient care in public and private health entities.
Mission and Objectives
The Mission of the Nursing B.Sc. degree program is to prepare graduates for working in all related (public and private) hospitals and pursuit for advanced knowledge, practice and skills in nursing by educating them the fundamental concepts, knowledge, laboratory and clinical technique of nursing and health science.
Graduates will be competent in nursing science, clinical practices, nursing professional code of conduct and nursing values, which serve as the basis for lifelong learning and professional development.
Graduates will have the ability to provide basic health services
Graduates will be able to provide care for chronic and acute conditions.
Graduates will have the ability to provide maternal, child, community and psychiatric health services.
Graduates will have the ability to recognize the scientific principles needed for the provision of high standard health care in community sectors.
Graduates will be professional in their communication with other health care providers such as physicians, and other health care services (biology and chemistry).
Graduates will have the ability to practice nursing with high professional attitude and work ethics in both public and private hospitals.
Graduates will be able to conduct data collection and nursing research services.
Caring and Collaborative Relationships
Caring and compassion based on evidence-based nursing practice
Collaborating with physicians, clients, nurses and interdisciplinary peers to enhance health and patient wellbeing.
Support to the needs and input of vulnerable and underserved populations
Reducing health disparities and supporting health in a global society
Enhancing the socio-economical conscience and professional development of all
Environments are systems that interact with nursing knowledge and practice, culture, health and public policy
Developing student’s ability to enhance the identity as agents for evolution in the world
The exchange relationships among teaching, scholarship, research and engagement
Encouraging integrity and high moral character in all members of the College of Nursing
Enhancing reflective practitioners to increase the authenticity of our work.
Creative and environment or a way of acquiring, managing and sharing nursing practice and knowledge
Attempting to design and provide culturally, religion diversity and pushing it in nursing care in a society
Supporting professional diversity in the College.
Arts, humanities, charities, social activities and sciences as a fundamental for nursing education
Learning as an active, collaborative process that enhance healthy growth of students and mentors.
Preparation for the nurse educator role varies by role and teaching site. Nurses with professional preparation are needed to serve as instructors in the practice field, clinical preceptors, staff development officers, and faculty in associate degree and allied nursing programs.
Future faculty pursuing a master’s degree are advised to specialize and subspecialized in a clinical area to promote optimal health and well-being and teaching within the rules and discipline manner, not the process of teaching. Individuals pursuing full-time faculty roles should have additional preparation in the art and science of teaching (i.e., pedagogy, curriculum development, student assessment) to better convey their clinical mastery to nursing students. This additional preparation may occur in formal course work as part of a clinically-focused master’s program or completed separately from the graduate degree.
Toward applying practitioner nurses and advance practitioner nursing which supports the filed of clinical shortages.
• To provide high-quality education and technology in Nursing care and assessment that services the community with highly qualified graduates.
• To maintain and enhance the excellent reputation of Tishk International university in providing outstanding undergraduate education.
• To provide a strong outcome in nursing sciences and nursing via high quality and strong undergraduate instruction and infrastructure, continuous innovation in the curriculum with up to date scientific discoveries supported by experimental learning.
• To share our academic and research expertise in professional and service activities.
• Support health and wellness of patients by providing best standards of teaching and clinical training health nursing fields.
• Provide high quality and comprehensive undergraduate nursing education designed to prepare students to meet the present and future health care needs and expectations of national needs.
• Collaborate with a local community to meet the current and future demands.
• Support innovative research and bring them to clinical practice.
By the end of this program, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competence in critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills in the practice of nursing.
2. Apply nursing skills and theoretical knowledge in providing required health care to individuals, families, communities, and populations across the lifespan.
3. Apply the principles and techniques of ethical, patient-centered, holistic, and culturally sensitive care, health promotion, and disease and injury prevention.
4. Professionally manage acute and chronic health conditions during public and private health disasters.
5. Employ various forms of communication, including verbal and non-verbal, and technological applications with patients and medical staff.
6. Accurately interpret patients’ information and apply necessary plans of care in order to maximize safety and optimize health outcomes.
7. Apply leadership skills and collaborate efficiently in clinical practices within multidisciplinary teams.
8. Monitor outcomes and improve patients’ care as needed.
9. Apply and promote health policies and regulatory standards that advocate for comprehensive and safe delivery of healthcare.
10. Develop research studies that applies quantitative or qualitative research methods that address research questions in the field.